Support the Baby Corner with contributions of cash or goods.
The Baby Corner has always depended on the generosity of individual donors. Cash donations make it possible for us to purchase in bulk high-demand items such as baby bottles, infant sleepwear, and car seats.
- Send a check, made payable to St. Joseph’s Baby Corner, to 528 18th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122.
- Make a secure online donation through Network For Good. Donating through Network for Good is easy, safe, and flexible. Now you can make automatic monthly, quarterly, or yearly donations and can cancel at any time. For more information on automatic giving, click here.
- Sign up for payroll deduction. Making regular donations through payroll is easy for donors,
and it provides us with a predictable income. Even small monthly
donations are significant! We are currently listed with the Combined Fund Drive for state employees (our code: 0456722), the King County Employee Giving Program charitable campaign (our code: 9074). If you work for a company that sets up a workplace campaign with the help of United
Way of King County, you may be able to donate through
payroll; check with the campaign chair.
- Participate in a corporate matching gift program. Not every employer makes matching gifts, but many do, such as RealNetworks, Starbucks, Microsoft, Verizon, and Gap. Some of these programs also make a grant match for employee volunteer hours. Request a form from your Personnel or Human Resources Department, fill it out, and send it with your donation to the Baby Corner; we will complete the paperwork to receive the matching gift. This is absolutely one of the best ways to boost the power of your donor dollars!
At the end of a year, a monthly donation
of just $10 will buy:
2 brand-new car seats or
24 tubes of diaper rash ointment or
17 bottles of baby wash or
30 digital fever thermometers or
3 crates of diapers or
4 large cans of powdered formula or
20 Spanish or bilingual board books
If you have provided for St. Joseph’s Baby Corner in your estate plans, please let us know. If not, please let us show you how you can. You can call or e-mail us at the Baby Corner.
For the convenience of our donors, we are providing a Donation Receipt that may be downloaded for tax purposes.
Please make sure that all donated items are clean and in good condition. Not sure about an item? If you would purchase it from a thrift store for your own family, then it’s probably fine. Below are some general guidelines:
- sizes newborn to 4T only
- no holes, stains, missing buttons, broken zippers
- if possible, sort by size and gender, make outfits, match socks
- ages newborn to 3 years only
- puzzles and toys with parts must be packaged so that pieces will not get lost (Ziploc bags work well)
- no stuffed toys
- no toys from fast-food restaurants
- no toys with pieces missing
- no board books with a broken binding or torn or missing pages
- portacribs, strollers, car seats, and other equipment must be in good working order, have ALL hardware and parts, and meet current safety standards
- no exersaucers or walkers
- no full-size cribs
Print up our Wish List and post it on your refrigerator for the next time you go shopping! Or call us, and we’ll tell you what we need most.
Donations may be dropped off between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday, at the Baby Corner. Note that in May 2012 we moved to a new site, 528 18th Avenue in Seattle. If you have not visited us before at this site, please call first for instructions on when/how to make a delivery.
Please Note: We cannot be responsible for donations left outside our door.
Donations may also be dropped off at one of our Crib Communities; please call first for hours and directions.